Hey y’all! Just a reminder that today is the last chance to comment if your birthday is in April! I mean if you comment late, then I will definitely add it, but it would great if we get them all tonight!
I’m planning on having it up by tonight since tomorrow is the first day of April. So, if you haven’t commented before, then please comment NOW. Or if you know of a blogger whose birthday is in April that you’d like to recognize comment that too.
OOH and if you have an idea as to something “extra” we could do for the people maybe?
I kinda have an idea… but I guess we’ll see what happens and all that….
Hey y’all so I was nominated by infinitmagic to do The Blogger’s Story Award. Thank you!!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Showcase the award picture
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 3+ bloggers
- A) What is your blog’s name? My blog’s name is A.K.A The Author
- B) Why did you name it that? My cousin and I actually wrote books under this pseudonym and I really like how it is anonymous yet clever.
- How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging since July, so 8 months.
- How many followers do you have? I have 179 followers as of right now, but I really want 200 before my birthday xD Thanks for everything you guys do for me!
- Who was your first follower? My first follower was Dreams and Movie Screens aka Colby!
- What got you into blogging? I’m not really sure, honestly….
- What is your favorite part about blogging? I love the community, and how writing posts is like an online journal I can look back on. It’s my personal advice and rant column 🙂
- If you could improve anything at all about WordPress/blogging, what would it be? Hmm… maybe just add some extra features and stuff that could make the posts more professional I guess.
- Why do you continue to blog? I love all of you, and this gibes me somewhere to feel totally comfortable. Plus I really like how it keeps me motivated to write things that I can look back on later in life.
I nominate anyone who wants to do this, I usually hate writing this but I have school tomorrow and need to get to bed. Love y’all- Aspen AKA The Author
Hey y’all! So I had this idea to recognize all the blogger’s birthdays for each month!
I will do a post like this each month, telling you to comment if your birthday is that month and what day. Also how old you will be turning, and anything else we come up with.
If you guys have any other ideas to add onto this let me know down below!
Oh and if your birthday is in APRIL please comment NOW, so that I can have the post done one the 1st of April.
Thank you all and a special shoutout to infinitmagic for helping me get the idea moving. -Aspen AKA The Author
How can we be so utterly different,
if we’re made from the same things?
Our hearts are muscle, keeping us alive,
but the things that keep me breathing
are the things that make you choke.
My lungs are filled with passion ,
while yours are filled with smoke.
My head is filled with numbers,
and yours is clouded with cocaine.
Our feet walk on the same pavements,
but our souls are on different planes.
Should anyone mistake us for the same
person, I’ll tell them just what makes me
different than you.
Because the things that you have done,
I’ve never thought to do
Hey y’all! So today in the midst of everything my cousin and I made these super cute rice Krispy nests. Here’s the recipe:
– Finished rice Krispies in a bowl (The usual recipe is here)
– Muffin/cupcake pan
-Ice cream scoop/spoon
– Candy eggs (optional)
TIP: PUT BUTTER ON YOUR FINGERS BEFORE HANDLING THE RICE KRISPIES
Step 1: Press the rice krispies into the pan with spoon/scoop (We found it worked best to flatten it in our hands first)
Step 2: Put the coconut into plastic baggies with the dye and shake it up. We added about a 1/4 tsp of water to get it to spread easier.
Step 3: Lay the coconut out on parchment paper to let it dry
Step 4: Once the coconut is dry, fill the nests with the “grass”.
Step 5: After this you can also add the candy eggs.
Well I personally thought these turned out super cute, and I would definitely make them again. They were really easy too!
Love y’all and Happy Eatings 🙂 -Aspen AKA The Author
Hey y’all! Happy (almost) Easter! So I’m just going to show you guys what I did Thursday night, yesterday, and today 🙂
It all started with a 3 hour drive and some boredom selfies from Aliyah and I since we kicked our brothers out to her mom’s car
On Friday we were laying in the sun and I took these pics of the from my grandma’s yard.
This is one of her bunny rabbits named Cleo (and my brother holding her)
For my grandma’s late birthday present we drove an hour away to St. George for lunch at Texas Roadhouse.
And they had her sit on the birthday sattle.
We also got shakes from Iceberg that were sooo good.
Then we had a fire 🙂
Then this morning we drove to thus one canyon and went hiking in the lava rock.
After that I drove back to this restaurant where we ate lunch and then headed home. Aliyah and I left to go exploring and climbed this massive cliff.
Her face in this picture kills me xD
We also went to go find this rock
And then later on we ate homemade ribs and went hot tubbing.
Tomorrow we’re going to drive the side by side which I am super excited for (along with Easter)
Have a good holiday! Love you guys! -Aspen AKA The Author
Hey y’all! So right now I’m driving down to my grandma’s house with my family and our cousins for Easter.
Thus is a quick road trip/spring break packing tips post!
1. Roll, Not Fold: I fit all of my clothes into a bag half the size of my families just by rolling my clothes. I recommend doing this mainly with pants though.
2. Bring Entertainment! This is a list of the things I put in the car with me.
-Colored Pencils, Pens, and Pencils
-Motion Sickness Meds
-Extra Phone Battery
3. Get Comfy! You might be in the car for a long time so here are a few tips 🙂
■ Wear comfy clothes! I chose sweatpants and a t-shirt
■Bring a pillow and blanket
■Bring slip on shoes, or shoes that are easy to get on and off
4. Snacks! Bring some foods and drinks to snack on during the ride
5. Music: I switch off listening to the radio depending on what is playing to listening to my own music.
I hope y’all liked this and/or found it helpful! Love you guys! -Aspen AKA The Girl Who Hates Car Rides