Hey y’all! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I thought it’d be cool to do some “fun facts” about St. Patrick’s, so here we go!
1. The Day He Died: March 17th is the day St. Patrick died, way back in either 460 or 493, depending on which historians you ask.
2. He Wasn’t Irish: St. Patrick actually wasn’t Irish he was British. At age 16, he was taken as an Irish slave for 6 years. In his twenties, he returned to his family just to come back to Ireland as a Christian missionary.
3. Blue: St. Patrick’s color isn’t actually green, it’s blue. Green was introduced because of the green clover which is also only a symbol of St. Patrick’s Day because he used it to teach about the Holy Trinity.
4. More Irish in the U.S: Yep, there are more Irish in the United States than in Ireland. Around 34 million people in the U.S. identify as Irish, while there are only about 4.5 million people in Ireland.
5. Saint What? Saint Patrick’s name was not originally Saint Patrick, but Maewyn Succut.
AKDKLJLJKGSEIONGOJNEWIOHWNGWGHIOEWGOEJGIIKNG’GGHONDFLKMO GUYS MY PHONE IS BROKEN. THE SCREEN IS ALL MESSED UP AND I FEEL SICK UGHGGHGHHGHG